XSHOOTER is the first of the second generation instruments at the VLT. It it has been built by a Consortium of institutes in Denmark, France, Italy, and The Netherlands together with ESO.
Publications based on data obtained with XSHOOTER should quote the reference paper: Vernet et al. 2011, A&A, 536A, 105.
- Questions related to service mode observations and proposal preparation should be addressed to the User Support Department.
- Questions related to visitor mode observations should be addressed to Paranal Science Operations.
- Please send us your comments, suggestions, and report errors and inaccurate statements in the web pages and manuals.
Content of these pages
The following items are available on the XSHOOTER pages:
- Overview: short description of the instrument (Overview: XSHOOTER in a nutshell).
- News: changes affecting the instrument (XSHOOTER News).
- Instrument Description: important parameters of the instrument (XSHOOTER numbers and facts).
- Manuals: documents related to XSHOOTER (XSHOOTER User Manuals).
- Tools: collection of useful tools and informations to prepare and analyze XSHOOTER observations, spectrophotometric and telluric standard star observations, etc. (XSHOOTER tools and tips).
- Instrument Operations Team (who is working behind ...).
- Visitor Instructions: Instrument specific instructions (what to be aware of before flying to Paranal).