Tools and Tips
Some links to pertinent tools for MATISSE observation preparation and data reduction, and general tips for a successful run.
The MATISSE pipeline for data reduction is available from the ESO pipeline page.
Generic Tools and information
- ETC, Exposure Time Calculators
- VLTI visibility calculator (VisCalc) - VisCalc is an online tool that has been developed for all VLTI instruments. It gives an estimate of the visibility obtained from a target, depending on the target geometry and on the VLTI baseline that is used.
- VLTI calibrator selector (CalVin) - To help the user to select visibility calibrator sources for phase 2, it is recommended to use the "CalVin" online tool, by clicking on the link.
- Phase 1 Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Phase 2 Proposal Preparation for Service Mode observations
- Phase 2 p2pp and the web based p2 tool
- Magnitude / Jansky Converter: Point Sources (Spitzer)