To prepare and analyse observations with GRAVITY at the VLT interferometer, the user can find all the necessary information in the various manuals listed on this page. Please be sure to download that corresponding to the period in which the observations will take place. All the manuals are in pdf format.
- Instrument User Manual. All the information about the instrument itself, its modes and their characteristics.
- Period 098, to be used for the P098 call for proposal, deadline March 31th, 2016, and the science verification runs in P97.
- Period 099, deadline September 30th, 2016.
- Period 100, deadline March 31th, 2017.
- Period 101, deadline September 30th, 2017.
- Period 102, deadline March 28th, 2018.
- Period 103, deadline September 27th, 2018.
- Period 104, deadline March 28th, 2019.
- Template User Manual. Detailed information on the acquisition and observing templates.
- VLTI User Manual. The VLTI User Manual is to be used in addition to the GRAVITY User Manual for VLTI aspects and system limits common to the VLTI instruments.
- Instructions on how to prepare OBs using the p2 web aplication are available at the GRAVITY p2 tutorial.