Poster creation guidelines
- .png or .jpg format are the only file types that may be used.
- Minimum width is 1000px (26.46cm).
- Minimum height is 600px (15.88cm).
- Maximum file size is 3MB.
- No transparent background.
Preview “thumbnail” document:
- .png or .jpg format
- A copy of the main poster document that has been made smaller (approx < 0.8 MB).
- Recommended width is half of the main document.
- Recommended height is half of the main document.
Naming conventions (please follow!):
- 1 slide in PDF format, following the naming convention: lastname_slide.pdf
- 1 poster in PNG or JPEG format, following the naming convention: lastname_poster_full.png
- 1 poster thumbnail in PNG or JPEG format, following the naming convention: lastname_poster_small.png
Instructions for poster formatting
Resizing your poster to fit the dimension requirements
The most simple way to edit the dimensions of a poster is using a slideshow editor such as powerpoint or keynote.
Following you will find step by step details on how to change your dimensions.
- Select the Design tab of the toolbar ribbon.
- Select Slide Size icon near the far right end of the toolbar.
- Select Custom Slide Size/ Page Set up.
- Change the Width and Height to be larger than the minimum size guidelines above (26.46cm and 15.88cm) and click okay.
- Repeat to create the preview poster (thumbnail) with half of the width and height.
GCF 2021 channels on
This workshop is supported by ESO and the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory.
Keywords: merging clusters | high-z clusters | proto-clusters | detection, classification & comparison | ICM physics | AGN feedback | star formation | galaxy evolution | future facilities
Workshop email: GCF2021@eso.org