ESAC, Madrid, Spain, 19–22 November 2019
ESA/ESO SCIOPS WORKSHOP 2019 – Working Together in Support of Science – Cross Facilities Collaboration in the Multi Messenger Era
The upcoming ESA/ESO SCIOPS 2019 Workshop will take place at ESAC and will address the following areas:
- collaboration between large scientific teams in the multi-messenger era;
- how space- and ground-based observatories communicate their transient and observational capabilities, and can prepare and adapt them to provide scientists with access to time and data for multi-messenger programmes;
- cultural and policy changes needed to enable multi-facility time allocation, prioritisation of observations, publication of information on upcoming observations and data sharing;
- tools, services and standards to support coordination between facilities for the selection and publication of targets by survey facilities, coordination and publication of follow-up observations among observatories, as well as for publishing, searching, analysing and visualising data;
- tools and services to support collaboration between teams.