Past Conferences and Workshops in Chile and Latin America
Upcoming events are listed on Conferences and Workshops.
Past 2020 Conference and Workshops in Chile and Latin America
- October 21-22, 2020: 20 Years of UVES (UVES2020)
- December 8 - 12, 2020: XVI meeting of the Chilean Astronomical Society (remote workshop, Chile)
- December 7 - 11, 2020: Five years after HL Tau: a new era in planet formation (HLTAU2020) (remote workshop, Chile)
- September 7-8, 2020 (online conference): La Silla Paranal Users Workshop, Part 1 (Chile)
Past 2019 Conference and Workshops in Chile and Latin America
- The La Silla Observatory: from the inauguration to the future, La Serena, Chile, March 25-29, 2019
Past 2018 Conferences and Workshops in Chile and Latin America
- ESO/NEON Observing School at La Silla
Santiago and La Silla Observatory, February 18 - March 2, 2018
- Diversis Mundi: The Solar System in an Exoplanetary context
Santiago, Chile, March 5-9, 2018
- Local hard X-ray selected AGN across the multi-wavelength spectrum
Santiago, Chile, March 12 - 16, 2018
- The ALMA Quest for our Cosmic Origins. A Symposium to honor Pierre Cox
ALMA observatory, Vitacura, Chile, March 27, 2018
- The Galactic Bulge at the crossroads (GBX2018)
Pucón, Chile, December 10-14, 2018
- TORUS 2018: The many faces of AGN obscuration
Puerto Varas, Chile, December 10-14, 2018
Past Meetings Chile and Latin America in 2017
- 2017 ESO Calibration Workshop: the second generation VLT instruments and friends
Santiago, Chile, January 16-19, 2017
- Star clusters meeting 2017
Santiago, Chile, March 2-3, 2017
- Star Formation from Cores to Clusters
Santiago, Chile, March 6-9, 2017
- Astrochemistry VII - Through the Cosmos from Galaxies to Planets
Puerto Varas, Chile, March 20-24, 2017
- Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems: ADASS XXVII, Santiago, October 22-26, 2017
Past Meetings Chile and Latin America in 2016
- Supernovae through the ages: understanding the past to prepare for the future, Easter Island, Chile, August 9-13, 2016
- Resolving planet formation in the era of ALMA and extreme AO, Santiago, Chile, May 16-20, 2016
- La Silla Observing School, Santiago and La Silla Observatory, February 22 - March 4, 2016
Past Meetings in 2015
- Ground and space observatories: a joint venture to planetary science
Santiago, Chile, March 2 - 5, 2015
- Dissecting Galaxies Near and Far
Santiago, Chile, March 23 - 27, 2015
- Satellites and Streams in Santiago
Santiago, Chile, April 13 - 17, 2015
- Exoplanet Focus Meeting for the Chilean Scientific Community
Santiago, Chile, June 4, 2015
- Astrobiology and Planetary Atmospheres
Santiago, Chile, September 28 - October 2, 2015
Past Meetings in 2014
- Herbig Ae/Be stars: The missing link in star formation,
Santiago de Chile, 7-11 April 2014
- Formation and Evolution of Star Clusters in Chile,
Santiago de Chile, 14-16 May 2014
- International Symposium "Life as a Planetary Phenomenon"
ESO, Santiago, 27-28 November 2014
Past Meetings in 2013
- ESO Workshop on The Deaths of Stars and the Lives of Galaxies
Santiago, Chile, April 8-12, 2013
- First La Serena School of Data Science
La Serena, Chile, August 12-16, 2013
- ESO Workshop on Deconstructing Galaxies: Structure and Morphology in the Era of Large Surveys
Santiago, Chile, November 18-22, 2013
- Workshop on 400 Years of Stellar Rotation
Natal, Brazil, November 21-26, 2013
- ESO Workshop on Astrotomography II - Imaging at the micro-arcsecond scale
Santiago, Chile, December 10-13, 2013
The Astrotomography workshop is now officially rescheduled to 24-28 November 2014. It will take place in Garching with an extended scope under the name “High angular resolution astrophysics: a cross-disciplinary approach”.
The web site of the conference is at http://www.eso.org/sci/meetings/2014/hires2014.html
Past Meetings in 2012
- ESO Workshop on Observing Planetary Systems II,
Santiago, Chile, March 5-8, 2012.
- Joint ESO/IAG/USP Workshop on Circumstellar Dynamics at High Resolution,
Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, February 27 - March 02, 2012.
- ESO Workshop on Ecology of Blue Straggler Stars,
Santiago, Chile, November 5-9, 2012
- The First Year of ALMA Science,
Puerto Varas, Chile, December 12-15, 2012
Past Meetings in 2011
- ESO Workshop on Multiwavelength Views of the ISM in High-Redshift Galaxies,
Santiago, Chile, June 27-30, 2011.
- ESO Workshop on Dynamics of Low-Mass Stellar Systems: From Star Clusters to Dwarf Galaxies,
Santiago, Chile, April 4-8, 2011.
- ESO Workshop on Evolution of Compact Binaries,
Vina del Mar, Chile, March 6-11, 2011.
Past Meetings in 2010
- ESO Workshop on Spiral Structure in the Milky Way: Confronting observations and theory,
Bahìa Inglesa, Chile, November 7-10, 2010.
Past Meetings in 2008
- Seventh Alexander Friedmann International Seminar on Gravitation and Cosmology,
João Pessoa, Brazil, June 29 - July 5, 2008.
- Star Formation Across The Milky Way Galaxy. An ESO Workshop,
Santiago, Chile, March 3-6, 2008.
- First La Plata International School on Astronomy and Geophysics: Compact Objects and their Emission,
Facultad de Ciencias Astronómicas y Geofísicas: La Plata, Argentina, March 10-14, 2008.
- XXII Astronomy National Meeting/ XXII Congreso Nacional de Astronomia,
Mexico City, April 16-18, 2008.
Past Meetings in 2007
- Third Chilean Advanced School of Astrophysics (co-sponsored by ESO),
Insights into the Galaxy Evolution from Resolved Stellar Populations,
Universidad de Concepción, Chile, 8-12 January 2007.
- March 5-8, 2007, Santiago, Chile: ESO WORKSHOP ON OBSERVING PLANETARY SYSTEMS
- March 19 - 23, Santiago, Chile: SCS PIRE SUMMER SCHOOL ON THE LARGE SCALE STRUCTURE-CMB CONNECTION
- July 14, ESO Office, Santiago, Chile: 1RA CONFERENCIA DE ASTRONOMIA PARA PERSONAS SORDAS Dr. Dominique Proust, Observatorio de Paris, Meudon
Past Meetings in 2006
- Joint ESO-FONDAP Workshop on Globular Clusters,
Concepción, Chile, 6-10 March 2006.
- March 6 - 10, 2006, Universidad de Concepción, Chile: GLOBULAR CLUSTERS - GUIDES TO GALAXIES
- December 4 - 8, 2006, Santiago, Chile: FOURTH ADVANCED CHILEAN SCHOOL OF ASTROPHYSICS: Interferometry in the epoch of ALMA and VLT-I
Past Meetings in 2005
- Latin American Astronomy Summer School,
Santiago, Chile, 8-10 December 2005.
- January 12 - 14, 2005, Fac. Cs. Físicas y Matemáticas, Universidad de Concepción, Chile: 4TA REUNION ANUAL SOCIEDAD CHILENA DE ASTRONOMIA (SOCHIAS 2005 ANNUAL MEETING)
- December 5 - 9, 2005, Santiago, Chile: GROUPS OF GALAXIES IN THE NEARBY UNIVERSE
- December 12 - 16, 2005, Pucón, Chile: 11th LATIN-AMERICAN REGIONAL IAU MEETING (LARIM-2005)
Past Meetings in 2004
- January 12 - 14, Santiago, Chile: 3RD ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SOCIEDAD CHILENA DE ASTRONOMIA (SOCHIAS). More information: http://www.sochias.cl
- January 28, ESO/Vitacura: Micro Workshop Interferometry (MWI)
- April 22 and April 29, ESO/Vitacura: Science Days 2004 - Programme
- July 21-23, Campus San Joaquín PUC: 2DO SIMPOSIO NACIONAL DE ESTUDIANTES DE FISICA (SESINEF)
- October 4 - 8, Valparaíso, Chile: THE COOL UNIVERSE: OBSERVING COSMIC DAWN
2004 IAOC INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP
- November 12 - 17, Coyhaique, Chile: VI Congreso Nacional y II Congreso Internacional de Astronomia Amateur de Chile
- December 6-10, Santiago, Chile: 2ND ADVANCED CHILEAN SCHOOL OF ASTROPHYSICS : FIRST LARGE SCALE STRUCTURES IN THE UNIVERSE AND THEIR EVOLUTION
Past Meetings in 2003
- March 11-14, Antofagasta: International Workshop: First Decadal Review of the Edgeworth-Kuiper-Belt - Towards New Frontiers
- November 4-6, ESO/Vitacura: ESO Fellow Symposium, Papers and Photos
- December 3-6, ESO/Vitacura: JOINT WORKSHOP "PHYSICS OF ACTIVE GALACTIC NUCLEI AT ALL SCALES"
Daily Conference Program (Papers) and
- December 15-19, FONDAP Auditorium at Cerro Calan, Observatorio Astronomico, Santiago, Chile: FIRST ADVANCED CHILEAN SCHOOL on "EXTRASOLAR PLANETS AND BROWN DWARFS"
Link to papers: France Allard, Jill Knapp, Scott Tremaine
Past Meetings in 2002
- January 14-16, ESO/Vitacura: Interferometry Week
- March 5-7, La Serena: International Conference on light pollution (Organization)
- March 11-15, La Serena: Workshop on Galactic Star Formation Across the Stellar Mass Spectrum
- October 28-31, ESO/Vitacura International Workshop on Structure Evolution and Cosmology: New Synergy between Ground-based Observations, Space Observations and Theory
- December 9-11, Concepcion: International Workshop on Stellar Candles for the Extragalactic Distance Scale
Past Meetings in 2001
- January 15-19, ESO/Vitacura: International Inter-Institutional Workshop: Magnetic Fields Across the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram
Past Meetings in 2000
- Stars, Gas and Dust in Galaxies, a joint ESO/CTIO/LCO International Workshop, La Serena, Chile, March 15-18, 2000.