Library and Information Centre
25 Oct. 2021: New Scientist subscription ceases 2021
Since the subscription price of the magazine New Scientist will increase by a factor of 10 (!) as of 2022, the ESO subscription will cease at the end of 2021.
20 Oct. 2021: OA transformation for A&A
The A&A Board of Directors has announced that their journal will move to a Subscribe-to-Open (S2O) model. Library subscriptions, together with substantial contributions from the A&A sponsoring countries, will cover publication and editorial costs. If libraries renew their subscriptions, A&A will be published in full open access in 2022.
Publications based on ESO Data
- Electronic journals / Open Access publishing
- Electronic books and standards
- ESO Historical Documents
- ESO Conference proceedings 2.0
- ADS abstract service | arXiv.org
- Information resources and reference tools
Did you know...
Search ESO Libraries Catalog
Please note that as of 1 Oct 2021, the direct link to the Library catalog has changed to https://libcatalog.eso.org. Please update your bookmarks.
How to use the ESO Libraries
- ESO Libraries - your gateway to information (pdf)
- The ESO Library catalog (pdf)
- About the ESO Libraries
- Introduction to ESO Library and Information Centre (onboarding slides): Library and PDM (ESO intranet)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
ESO Information Repository
The Library implements and administers the ESO-wide Information Repository (Product and Document Management system, or PDM) to enable controlled processes and practices for the creation, review, modification, issuance, distribution, and accessibility of documents.
The PDM is accessible to ESO staff and authorized external users. Information about the PDM can be found in the ESO intranet.
During the COVID-19 emergency, please use email to reach us.