HARPS - High Accuracy Radial velocity Planet Searcher
HARPS, the High Accuracy Radial velocity Planet Searcher at the ESO La Silla 3.6m telescope is dedicated to the discovery of extrasolar planets. It is a fibre-fed high resolution echelle spectrograph. Read more....
Publications based on data obtained with the HARPS instrument should quote the following reference paper: Mayor, M. et al. 2003, The Messenger 114, 20.
- All questions related to observations and proposal preparation should be addressed to the La Silla Science Operations team.
- Please send us your comments, suggestions and report errors and inaccurate statements in the web pages and manuals.
Content of these pages
The following items are available on all the HARPS pages, using the bar on the left.
- Overview: a short description of the instrument
- News: list of changes affecting the instrument and/or its pages, as well as the latest Science news.
- Instrument Description: all the important parameters of the instrument.
- Manuals: links to all the documents related to HARPS.
- Tools: a collection of useful tools and informations for preparing and analyzing the HARPS observations.
- Instrument Operations Team
- Visitor Instructions: Instrument specific instructions for Visiting Astronomers
- Science: Image Gallery and Astronomical Highlights