On this page, we list the main changes that affected the instrument and this web site.
- December 2014: MIDI is not offered in P95 due to major modifications of the VLT-I laboratory in view of the arrival of Gravity and MATISSE. See also Call for Proposals P95.
- September 2012, two highlights for P91. (1) MIDI can be used in conjunction with PRIMA FSU-A as an external fringe tracker, for more see Sect. 4.4.3 of the MIDI manual. (2) In correlated flux mode, MIDI can be used with the group-delay tracking switched off ("no-track"), see Sect. 4.4.2 of the MIDI manual.
- August 2010, CfP and manuals for P87: The MIDI/FINITO mode has been decommissioned from P87 on. From P87 on the time per MIDI OB has been reduced by 5 minutes, i.e. 25 minutes per uncalibrated OB instead to 30minutes before.
- June 2010, Readout windows: In order to recenter the PRISM spectra on the readout windows, those windows have been shifted downwards by seven pixels. Older reduction masks cannot be used anymore, or have to be shifted as well.
- August 2009, CfP for P85: The Field/Astrometry has been decommissioned from P85 on. FINITO with UTs is suspended until vibrational issues are further investigated and the science impact oft his mode has been clarified.
- 8 December 2008: Manuals for P83 phase II published
- 10 October 2007: new ESO/sci style for the MIDI webpages.
- 22 June 2007: P80 template manual released + updated version of user manual for P80.
- 16 December 2006: P79 template manual and calibration plan released.
- 30 August 2006: P79 manual released, spectrophotometric calibrator list (tools), overview and instrument pages updated.
- 17 February 2006: P78 user manual.
- 21 December 2005: P77 user manual revised, P77 template manual released.
- 1 June, 2005: P76 user manual revised, P76 template manual released.
- 7 March, 2005: P76 user manual corrected (AT off-target guiding distance).
- 1 March, 2005: P76 overview and user manual released.
- 17 February, 2005: first release of the new MIDI webpage.