Funding Opportunities in Chile (Anuncio de Oportunidades)
Call for proposals from Joint Committee of ESO and Government of Chile
22 avril 2016
To enhance its programmes of scientific cooperation with the host country Chile, ESO provides and manages an annual fund for the development of astronomy- and technology-related disciplines in Chile. A board consisting of members from ESO and the Chilean Government, working through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, evaluates and selects programmes to be supported by this fund. These fall in five areas:
- ESO grant funding to postdoctoral programmes in astronomy at Chilean academic institutions.
- Funding for academic faculty positions for periods of up to two years at Chilean academic institutions.
- Funding to support the development and presentation of educational programmes for the teaching and dissemination of astronomy in Chile.
- Funding to support development programmes and the construction of technological systems for astronomy.
- Funding to support the development of astronomy in areas not covered by the above four categories.
The Joint Committee of ESO and Government of Chile will consider all proposals that contribute to the development of astronomy in Chile. In particular, the committee strongly encourages the submission of ambitious proposals in the area of astro-engineering to enhance collaborations between groups or institutions in Chile and abroad. 150 million Chilean pesos will be allocated for such projects per year for a period of up to 6 years.
Proposals, which must be written in English or Spanish using the forms linked below, must be submitted by institutions. The deadline for submission is 12:00 CLT on 18 July 2016.
For further information about the submission of proposals, please contact the office of the ESO Representative in Chile.
- Anuncio de oportunidades (PDF file n Spanish, 54 KB)
- Formulario postulación Comité Mixto (application form in Spanish)
- ESO & Chile
ESO Representative Chile
Alonso de Córdova 3107, Vitacura
À propos de l'annonce