The Joint ALMA Observatory (JAO) will start the next cycle of observing (Cycle 7) in October 2019.
A Call for Proposals with detailed information on Cycle 7 will be issued in March 2019, with a deadline for proposal submission in April 2019. This pre-announcement highlights aspects of the Cycle 7 proposal call that are needed to plan proposals. More information can be found on the ALMA Science Portal.
ALMA Cycle 7 will introduce the new capabilites, Long baselines at Band 7 and Solar observations at Band 7
- 19 March 2019 (15:00 UTC) - Call for proposals and OT release
- 17 April 2019 (15:00 UTC) - Cycle 7 deadline
- End of July 2019 - Result of proposal reviews
- 5 September 2019 - Phase 2 submission deadline
- October 2019- Start of Cycle 7 observations
- September 2020 - End of Cycle 7 observations