ESO Annual Report 2014 Now Available
16 June 2015
The ESO Annual Report 2014 is now available. It presents the many activities of the ESO throughout the year. The contents include:
- Research highlights from ESO facilities, with the latest results from fields covering aspects of astronomy stretching from exoplanet studies to surveys of very distant galaxies.
- A summary of the activities at ESO’s observatories in Chile.
- The status of the telescopes and instruments at the La Silla and Paranal Observatory, including detailed descriptions of new instruments — in particular SPHERE and MUSE — and upgrades.
- The latest news from the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) and European Extremely Large Telescope (E-ELT) projects, including the ground-breaking ceremony for the E-ELT on Cerro Armazones and the completion of construction of the ALMA Observatory.
- News about the ESO staff and buildings — including the preparations for the ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre.
- Download the ESO Annual Report 2014 here.
ESO Public Information Officer
Garching bei München, Germany
Tel: +49 89 3200 6655
Cell: +49 151 1537 3591
About the Announcement